The Role of the Local Advisory Body (LAB)
The LAB is responsible for carrying forward the vision of Aspire Academies Trust, based on the specific qualities and community characteristics of Knutsford Primary Academy and in line with specific responsibilities delegated to it by the Trust. The LAB is not legally responsible for the statutory functions (which rests with the Board of Trustees), but has an important role in challenging and supporting the academy to operate effectively in line with the responsibilities defined by the Trustees. Details of the Board of Trustees can be found here.
Membership of the Local Advisory Body
The Local Advisory Body of Knutsford Primary Academy consists of 7 – 11 governors under the following categories:
- The Principal
- A minimum of 2 elected parents
- A minimum of 2 elected members of staff
- A minimum of 2 co-opted members
Current membership is as follows:
- The Principal: Eileen Anderson
- Parents Governors: Laura Gonsalves (Chair) and Sarah Marriott
- Staff Governors: Kelly Harding and Paige Relf
- Co-opted Governors: Anika Patel, Anthony Wilson (Vice Chair), Martin Langston, Karin Maschler and Jackie Sansom
Laura Gonsalves, Chair of Governors, can be contacted by email: email@example.com
Academies are obliged to publish details of all governors who have served at any point over the last 12 months. These can be found here.